The HIGH SCHOOL RELAY is 70 miles long and has running teams which consist of 6 people, and 12 legs, where each person will run 2 legs of various lengths for an average total of approximately 11.6 miles per person.
HIGH SCHOOL RELAY TEAMS
- Can ONLY be in the RUNNING division and must be able to finish the event in 21 hours or by 12pm on Sunday, June 23, 2013
- Can be classified as MALE, FEMALE, or COED
- Will have teammates at least 14 years of age as of June 22, 2013
- ALL participants, under 18 will submit WAIVERS signed by a parent
- 1 vehicles will be needed for the HIGH SCHOOL relay
- ONLY parent(s) of participants will drive relay vehicles
- Parent(s) who drive must also submit a signed WAIVER
- *Participants must be currently enrolled at the same school – Grades 9-12**
** HIGH SCHOOL GRADES ARE CONSIDERED FOR THE 2012-2013 SCHOOL YEAR. THEREFORE, SENIORS
WHO GRADUATED IN JUNE 2012 ARE ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE BUT 8TH GRADERS WHO GRADUATED IN
JUNE 2012 FROM MIDDLE SCHOOL, WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE UNLESS THEY MEET THE
MINIMUM AGE OF 14 ON JUNE 16, 2013.
IIMPORTANT DATES & INFORMATION
HIGH SCHOOL TEAMS are held to the same important dates as run/walk teams regarding team registration, pace sheet submission, volunteer registration, team member substitution deadlines, captain meetings, packet pick-up, and event waiver.
WAIVER: the RELAY AROUND COLUMBUS WAIVER will need to be signed by each participant and their parent. Waivers will need to be submitted at or before vehicle check-in on event date. A separate DRIVER WAIVER will need to be signed by the parents driving the two high school team vehicles.
Runner Rotation: See chart below for reference. HIGH SCHOOL runners will choose to run as runner 1, 2, 3…thru to runner 6.
////// High School Chart Coming Soon! \\\\\\\
Driving Maps. Below are the current driving maps for the HIGH SCHOOL RUN COURSE. They go from START to EXCHANGE ZONE #1… them proceed from EXCHANGE ZONE to EXCHANGE ZONE until reaching the FINISH.
Driving Maps. Below are the current driving maps for the WALK COURSE. They go from START to EXCHANGE ZONE #1… them proceed from EXCHANGE ZONE to EXCHANGE ZONE until reaching the FINISH.